PhotosMy Fishing Photo Album - Lake Michigan

Show those cool pictures.
MoonEyes

Re: My Fishing Photo Album - Lake Michigan

Postby MoonEyes » Wed May 03, 2017 7:04 pm

You're lucky that big bull Whitefish didn't turn ugly and start pulling the boat along like a harpooned whale. Then you would have had problems. Were the buoys where they were supposed to be or did he drag the gang down the lake?

whitecap

Postby whitecap » Thu May 04, 2017 12:31 am

I can't remember I don't even think we had a LORAN back then to mark buoys.Just balls deluxe an a little common sense. I do remember dad saying the crew at the fish plant in Cedar River Michigan was in awe of the beast. And that crew sees a lot of fish.

whitecap

Postby whitecap » Fri May 19, 2017 10:08 am

Here's a shot snapped a few years back in October. Out of fish totes,so you make a pen.There was a couple tons of fish at the end of the day !
Under the Table.JPG
Apache October Whitefish.

whitecap

Postby whitecap » Sun May 28, 2017 8:14 am

I like this picture I took on April 14,2017 aboard Voight's Faith II as we neared the buoy and prepared to lift a gang of Whitrfish nets. The northern tip of the Door County penninsula and imfamous Death's Door passage way can be seen just above the boat and on the horizon.
The Faith II nears the buoy.jpg
The Fish Tug Faith II

whitecap

Postby whitecap » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:37 am

A recent photo I shot of the amicable Charles "Charlie" Nylund and myself after our conversation on all things Fishing
Charlie Nylund and Whitey Anschutz talk fishing.JPG
Veteran Fishermen Charlie Nylund and Whitey Anschutz.Combined fishing experience - 104 Years !