General DiscussionPleased To Announce (PAC) Phillip Anderson Collection

Anything relating to the fishing industry of the Great Lakes.Almost all post will be here.
Forum rules
Anyone who displays disrepectful treatment of another member will be banned. 90 days the first time and permanently after that.
whitecap

Pleased To Announce (PAC) Phillip Anderson Collection

Postby whitecap » Fri May 12, 2017 5:55 pm

We were fortunate to be invited to the home of one the Great Lakes most Respected members of of the Commercial Fishing community . His career spans six decades and his family ties numerous generations to the lakes. He has owned at least 15 Fish Tugs. Yes I said 15 ! The majority of them Burger built vessels. His knowledge of Great Lakes Fishing Tugs is near encyclopedic. Now nearing his retirement years, but still undecided, he reflected on some of the boats he owned and fished over the years, with us. He was gracious enough to let us publish a few photos from his personal collection.They will be slowly released in The Gallery under the apt title Burgerking.Here's a link memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=298 Thanks Phil.
Last edited by whitecap on Fri May 26, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Points North

Re: Pleased To Announce (PAC) Phillip Anderson Collection

Postby Points North » Sat May 13, 2017 9:51 am

Looking forward to the Philly files.His photo collection has been speculated about many times by many men over the years. I never knew anyone who actually seen it. That of course led to even more wildly exaggerated tales of it.

Several times over the years when a book with never before seen fish tug pictures became available there were those who believed that the books author had somehow gained access to the holy grail of Kenosha.

We may never know if he's been hiding away a world class collection ...but we do know he's a world class guy. In any case I can only imagine the pictures he carries in his memory.

Welcome Phil
"Two captains will sink a ship"