PhotosGreat Lakes Fish Tugs From Our Gallery

Show those cool pictures.
Points North

Great Lakes Fish Tugs From Our Gallery

Postby Points North » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:11 am

In case you have not been to our gallery, I will add some photos from that gallery here. To reach the gallery look for a small "Gallery" in the upper right part of the page. That's the link to it click here also http://www.fishtug.com/forums/gallery?sid=3aef8f342434fcc42d0b048e6c5b1d9a

From the (PAC) The Philly Anderson Collection. He's BurgerKing in the galleries.

The Carol Ann returns to Port Stanley, Ont.

"Two captains will sink a ship"

Points North

Re: Great Lakes Fish Tugs From Our Gallery

Postby Points North » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:20 am

Two of Original founding brothers of The Kahlenberg Brothers Company of Two Rivers doing a meet and greet at yearly Menekaunee(Marinette /Menominee) Commercial Fishermans meeting.I believe they are William and John but am not certain. I also believe the photo taken in late 1940's ? Photo courtesy Charles Nylund.

Well known boat builder Jim Derusha. Jim constructed many fishing boats over the years including Art Swaer VI and VII and trapnet boat Pep.On a side note check out those prices for chubs on the sign $ .65 a pound or Lobster Tail $4.25 . A time in this country, when one paycheck could feed a family.Photo courtesy of Charles Nylund

Three of Charles Nylund's trapnet boats.

The Nancy and Norma Jean. The Bay of Green Bay.Photo courtesy of Charles Nylund.

Unnamed Fishtug in Marinette WI. Take note of the futuristic pilot house on the boat. No sun visor required.Looks as though it is a T.D. Vinette built hull. More info on this boat needed.

Points North

Postby Points North » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:26 am

Aboard Voight Brothers Fish Tug The Faith II. Fishing out of Gills Rock Wisconsin April 14,2017.

I Took the Picture on a rather nasty day after a solo lift. Andy Lafond Jr. puling out his Whitefish nets near Baileys Harbor ahead of a bad forecast.April 23,2017.

Boat owned by Raymond Strege at the time and docked in Baileys Harbor Late 70's

Boat now built into part of a Farm market in Gills Rock Wisconsin.

Leonard Nelson's boat the J.B.Nelson winter 1976 Sturgeon Bay.

Bob LeClairs boat The Mercury running out to set nets.I snapped this in the fall of 1978.

H.W. Hocks in Sand Bay Wisconsin. The boat was owned by the Anderson brothers for many years

Points North

Postby Points North » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:33 am

The 55x14 Burger built Spirit on a Lake Superior run near Big Traverse Bay,Michigan.

Fishermen of the Keweenaw Peninsula area. http://www.fishtug.com

Again is the Liberty ashore in Marinette,Wisconsin.

The much photographed Tyrgg taking a little rest in Marinette at the gateway to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

I've always liked the lines of this boat. It was nice to get up that way. Spent some time with Charlie Nylund and some time with Todd Ruleau as well. Todd Ruleau has set up his boat as his living quarters. An awesome idea to live in a fish tug. It's more spacious than most appartments and way cooler.

The Net Worth in Bailey's Harbor,Wisconsin. These Marinette 35s were built at Marinette Marine in large numbers. There are many still in operation on most of the Great Lakes.

The Algoma River the way I like to remember it. There was a healthy fleet of gillnetters and pound boats running out of Algoma,Wi. today there are none.