Videos of Great Lakes Commercial FishingCheck Here For Updates On Documentary

Fish tugs and Great Lakes commercial fishing videos.We are the home of the documentary "Legends of the Lakes" and many more film clips of action on the inland seas.
Points North

Check Here For Updates On Documentary

Postby Points North » Wed May 24, 2017 4:35 pm

This is a rough trailer for the documentary we've been putting together. The full length documentary "Legends Of The Lakes" will have lots of unseen footage of Great Lakes commercial fishing and dialog between fishermen.

These will be interlaced with the memories of 3 legendary Great Lakes commercial fishermen. Share your videos, photos or appear in the documentary by being active here at http://www.fishtug.com or contact me.

Our goal is to leave behind an accurate portrayal of the life of Great Lakes commercial fishermen. If we don't, museum curators and historians of the future will and it will never be a realistic account. Thanks to Phillip "Philly" Anderson for sharing almost 3 hours of his memories with us. It was astounding and I'm still not done with him. He is one of the true legends of the lakes.
Last edited by Points North on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Two captains will sink a ship"

Points North

Re: Our Upcoming Documentary Legends Of The Lakes Trailer.

Postby Points North » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Just an update on the "Legends Of The Lakes" documentary. I've been working steadily on the documentary. I've designed a DVD cover and box cover for it as you can see above. We still have one more legend to add to it. He will remain unnamed for now as he still hasn't been asked to be interviewed but I'm sure he will contribute without question. I will say though that he is a very fitting man to add to our list of legends Charlie Nylund and Phillip "Philly" Anderson.

I'm eternally grateful to Charlie and Philly for enthusiastically sharing their memories with us. Part of the reason that these men are of legendary status on the lakes is because they are charismatic, friendly. widely known, respected and they performed at the top level in the industry.

We can help to make sure their lives, memories and their stories of a life on the lakes will live on longer than any of us, because they should.

I don't want to give away too much of the documentary before it's released but I also want to keep up the interest in it. I will be posting a longer clip from it now that I see that we have enough material to make several volumes of Great Lakes commercial fishing documentaries. Who knows, maybe if we have enough interest and willing donations we can undertake another volume "Legends Of The Eastern Lakes" where we could afford to travel to Lake Erie and Huron and meet and interview some of the legends out there.

I've never met any of these men but like our legends here, their names precede them. Just off the top of my head I can recite famly names from out there such as the Jackson, Mummy, Vary, Misner, Purdy, Liddle and a whole lot more.
Last edited by Points North on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Points North

Re: Check Here For Updates On Documentary

Postby Points North » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Update! We have asked for an interview with our 3rd legend of the lakes. He was more than happy to be a part of the documentary. I'm honored to announce that Andy La Fond will be the 3rd legend to round out the cast.

We had picked our 3 choices before we started and just hoped to get one of them to agree to be on camera. I'm thrilled that all three readily agreed. These guys all have an enormous pair. I guess you don't reach that status by being a wuss.

Points North

Postby Points North » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Here's a segment from Legends Of The Lakes.

Points North

Postby Points North » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:29 am

We are scheduled to appear at the State Of Lake Michigan Conference at the Hyatt Conference Center's Grand Ballroom in Green Bay,Wi. on Nov,8, 2017. We will do a 20 minute or so screening of Legends Of The Lakes and then comment and take questions.

Charlie Nylund, Andy La Fond and Phillip "Philly" Anderson will be there for questions and so will we. It appears to be sold out of the 400 seats that were available. Here's a link to the scheduled events. If you look at Nov,8 you will see our spot at 7:30.

http://iaglr.org/sol/solm17/program/

Points North

Postby Points North » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am

A link to a page dedicated to the documentary. Give it a few seconds for the header to load. You'll see a photo at first but the video header will load quickly. http://www.fishtug.com/legendsofthelakes/

Points North

Postby Points North » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Philly, Charlie and Andy now all have first edition copies of the DVD. I have posted some on eBay for sale now that the three stars have their copies. I just didn't want a bunch of people seeing it before they did.

Anyway! Here's a link to the eBay page if anybody is interested in buying one or more https://goo.gl/eYqhXT We will possibly sell some on this site. If you would rather have one from us here at the site we can do that for you. We can even sign it and if logistics permit. have the legends sign it as well. Just post here on this thread.......or send an email.....or start a thread if you want to.

I made a website and some pages solely for the documentary. You can find it here http://www.fishtug.com/legendsofthelakes/

One of the links on that page is to places where the DVD is available for sale http://www.fishtug.com/legendsofthelake ... d-the-dvd/
LaFond's Fish Market is listed but we have not yet delivered the DVDs to Andy LaFond Jr at the Kewaunee store. He has agreed to market them so it is our fault that they are not there at the moment. They will be there very soon.